ArcGIS Web Adaptor is provided as a setup program and is executed through a utility named Setup.exe. You can install ArcGIS Web Adaptor on its own using the steps provided here, or you can install silently using Windows Installer command line parameters.
Installation behavior and requirements
The ArcGIS Web Adaptor version must always match the version of its registered server site.
ArcGIS Web Adaptor can be installed side by side with other versions. You are not required to uninstall ArcGIS Web Adaptor to install ArcGIS Web Adaptor, and ArcGIS Web Adaptor is not an upgrade of previous releases.
Each ArcGIS Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server. If a naming conflict is detected during the installation, a warning message is displayed. You must uninstall the earlier version with the same name to resolve the conflict. Alternatively, you can change the name of one of the Web Adaptors to proceed with the installation.
Upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor
To upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor to 10.8.1, you must uninstall the earlier version, and install the 10.8.1 setup. During the 10.8.1 installation, you'll specify the same name as your earlier Web Adaptor. This guarantees your Web Adaptor URL will remain identical to the earlier version.
If a naming conflict is detected during the 10.8.1 installation, a warning message is displayed. You must uninstall the earlier version with the same name to perform the upgrade.
After installing 10.8.1, you must configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor with its corresponding server site.
Before installing ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Verify that your system meets all system requirements.
- Log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Close all applications.
- Browse to the downloaded folder containing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor setup. You can also insert the ArcGIS Server media into the appropriate drive to automatically start the setup.
You are now ready to proceed with the Web Adaptor installation.
Attempting to configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor so that the URL includes additional levels is not supported and may cause problems with client applications.
How to install ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Review the master agreement and accept it if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation.
- Click Change to specify the installation folder or Next to accept the default location.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- Browse to the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Optionally, to deploy multiple Web Adaptors on the host machine, redeploy the arcgis.war file as necessary. Keep in mind that if you're deploying multiple Web Adaptors on the same website (port), they must have different names. For example, two Web Adaptors named arcgis cannot exist on the same website. If you want multiple Web Adaptors with the same name, you must install them on separate websites (ports).
- Connect ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your server by completing the steps in Configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor. If you upgraded ArcGIS Web Adaptor, you must complete this step to reregister the Web Adaptor with your server.
After installation, ArcGIS Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.